Mynshull's House

Next to the Cathedral Visitors' Centre on Cateaton Street is the interesting Mynshull's House. This Grade II listed building is dated 1890. The building is made of red sandstone with terracotta embellishments. The carving is attributed to J. Jarvis Millson and the building to T. B. Elce.

It is purported to be the site of the house of the "apothecary" Thomas Mynshull who died in 1689.

Tucked away in a corner is this interesting inscription:

The medieval front is quite different from the refurbished/modernized rear.