Quakers Friars, Bristol, UK

Alec French Architects
Date Built
Cabot Circus
Quakers Friars is an historic building in Bristol's city centre which is all that exists of a Dominican Friary established in 1227.  The building that remains is the former Friends Meeting House built in 1749 and Grade 1 Listed by English Heritage.  During the construction of the Cabot Circus Shopping Centre, adjacent to the Quakers Friars, the meeting house and two medieval halls were converted into a restaurant.  The mixed-use building shown on this page is a neighbour to the historic site and shares its address.  Designed by local architect Alec French, it incorporates a Harvey Nichols store and a residential tower.

The 14-storey residential tower, that rises above the Harvey Nicks store, apparently features a duplex penthouse apartment.

Close Window