Globe Centre, Stepney, London

B J Belsher - Stepney Borough Engineer & Surveyor
Date Built
1930 - 1932
159 Mile End Road
The building known today as the Globe Centre was originally the Stepney Green Swimming Baths.  The Pevsner Guide describes it as having, "... A likeable, hygenic faince facade with central recessed bay and loggia at first floor behind a balastrade."  Apparently, the building was adapted in 1995 by Colwyn Foulkes & Partner.  The adaptation involved the inclusion of the curved glass block wall, seen below.

Today the building is home to a clinic for HIV+ and AIDS patients.

Close Window