Former Burton's Store, Dublin, Ireland



Architect
Harry Wilson
Date Built
Erected between 1928 and 1930
Location
Castle Street and Dame Street, Dublin
Description
Harry Wilson's practice was based in Leeds, but as architect to the Montague Burton tailoring chain, he designed buildings in many parts of the UK and here in Ireland.  The former store on Castle and Dame Streets is an impressive art deco building faced in faience tiles and sporting a colourful tiled roof with teal blue window frames.  The facade features ornamental capitals, window surrounds and a decorative cornice. The building also sports three ornate balconies one on each street and a third on the corner with a rosette containing the company logo above. 



On the Dame Street side a "Burton's - The Tailor of Taste" sign hangs above the balcony.